Friday, May 1, 2009

Lots of Great Stuff This Week

It was 23 years ago this week that the Pet Shop Boys were at #2 with their first Top 40 hit "West End Girls". And now here they are droppin' a great new record this week called "Yes". It's amzing how ahead of their time this group was. Their hits of the 1980s like "Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money)", "It's A Sin", "Always On My Mind" and "What Have I Done To Deserve This" would all be hits today especially in the club scene.

Ironically, another group releasing a new album this week is Depeche Mode. They come out this week with "Sounds Of The Universe". Although I'm not overly impressed with this album musically, it is definitely creative and experimental.

I'm also really liking this new downhere tune, "My Last Amen". It reminds me of a cross of Newsboys and those operatic rock anthems of the late 1970s early 1980s. It doens't hurt that there is some cool horns in it and sweet lyrics about always seeking Jesus.

There's more my friends. Dance mega star David Guetta has a great mover and shaker called "When Love Takes Over". Chekc it out! There is also this Italian band called Lacuna Coil that reminds me of Evanescence. They have a new track called "Spellbound" from a cool album called "Shallow Life" that I am really diggin'.

Finally, I kind of got wrapped up in this tune called "Here, Here And Here" by a duo called Meg & Dia. Kind of a catchy tune.

I'll be back next week giving you the best of the best new releases on the Billboard charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment