Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rob Thomas Does It Again

I still remember the first time I head a Rob Thomas tune. It was "Push" with matchbox twenty back in the summer of '97. I distinctly remember hearing it as I was getting ready for another day of work at Valleyfair and Gina Paveglio, Tony Mazzone and my sister (my 3 roomies for the summer) were all getting ready with me. I asked if anyone knew what the tune was. Nobody knew but we all listened to the end when Casey Kasem came on and let us know what it was. I thought to myself that even though I didn't think the tune was going to soar to become one of my favorites that it was a well-done pop tune that would do well.

That song went Top 10 and twelve years later Rob Thomas is still cranking out well-done pop songs. His new album is called "Cradlesong" and already has produced the Top 40 hit "Her Dimaonds' which I really like. The tune I like on the album even more is called "Someday". And as I am typing this I'm listening to the cut "Gasoline". This album is great. Rob Thomas is one of the top hit makers of this decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment